Home and Community Recreation Therapy is exactly what the name of the company implies. We are a group of Recreation Therapists that specialize in providing home and community based therapy to people with traumatic physical disabilities. ALL of our therapists are Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists (CTRS's) with a minimum of 3 years of experience ranging to 35 years of experience. We have over 30 therapists providing home and community based RT throughout the state of Michigan. Our therapists bring an enormous variety of skills and expertise to the client’s we serve. We have been in operation since 2006 and are able to service most of Michigan. We can also consider out-of-state referrals.
Research shows that an active, satisfying lifestyle leads to greater health and happiness and that's especially true for people with disabilities. HCRT incorporates our client's interests, support network, and pre-injury lifestyles to better engage them in therapy and achieve functional improvements. We provide the tools needed for ongoing success, working toward a lifestyle that is physically active, cognitively engaged, emotionally satisfying, and socially involved.
Interventions and specializations include:
- Aquatics therapy and exercise
- Swim safety skills assessment
- Community safety evaluation
- Individualized community fitness transition training
- Family and aide training
- Volunteer placement
- Computer, cell phone and other technology training
- Education and integration into appropriate community institutions
- Stress and chronic pain management and relaxation
- Adaptive leisure skills training including horticulture, music, sports, art and games.
- Support group
- Adjustment to new environments
Clients and their families like HCRT's practical and real life approach to therapy because we give them back as much of their lives as their disabilities allow. Physicians know they can expect more successful, functional, durable outcomes. And as clients become more physically and emotionally fit, they reduce their dependence on medical support and start living their lives again.
Contact us. We help.